To make things a little easier, because it's not so easy to leave a job you actually enjoy, I made a pro/con list and I'll give you a little taste of it.
- Benefits...at the present moment, I receive NO benefits and pay my own health insurance which is a very large bill because I am very large myself.
- Commute...this job is considerably closer to my home
- Opportunity...This is America after all, land of opportunity! I'm basically in a dead end job now, viva la opportunity!
- Salary...It's a hike up from what I make now, but not by much.
- The People...The people at the new job are, to put it kindly, the most boring, old, unfunny, skinny people in the world. My job now is full of characters! Joy!
- Taxes...Right now I get paid "under the table", which is nice!
- Fatties...There are basically no fat people there. I swear! I looked. I found NOTHING!
- Food...I'll miss my lunches here. Everyday a different place to eat, ah, how I love it. They have a cafeteria, but that's not the same...or is it???
I forgot to mention one thing...My friend Laura...skinny ass Laura...works at this place. So, I emailed her and asked what exactly they serve at this cafeteria. So, she emailed me a 5 day menu that the institution puts out on their website. I, of course, then forwarded that email to Lindsey. This is how the conversation went, via email.
Me: What did you think of the Menu?
Lindsey: It looks good.
Me: I know, I'm totally going to take the job now.
Lindsey: Because of the menu?
Me: Yeah! Cream of Asparagus Soup on Mondays! Cheeseburgers everyday!
Lindsey: You're fat.
Well, thanks Lindsey! I just needed something to push me over the line and help me make a decision. So, that push just happened to be about Cream of Asparagus Soup, so what? Right?